Thursday, July 1, 2010

Our Mum


We were finally able to say our goodbyes to mum yesterday. I am sure that she would have approved of the send-off we gave her - and may have even laughed at some of the jokes in my eulogy to her.

I know in my heart that she would have loved my short reading from her favourite childhood book, 'The Wind in the Willows'.

My brother Graham's eulogy to her was also very moving and recalled aspects of Mum's life and her larger-than-life personality.

The service was conducted by Reverend Stephen Robertson of St. Margaret's Church, Downham, Essex and Mum's ashes are to be interred here in with my father and brother.

It was wonderful to meet up with the all the extended family again, despite the sadness of the occasion. It was also heartening to realise just how much mum was loved by all.

We all love and miss you Mum.

x x




No comments: