Saturday, March 7, 2009

Venetian Window Trompe l'oeil Mural


I finished painting this mural today - it is one that I have been itching to paint for some time now as I have always been fascinated with the eclectic facades and contrasting wall textures of the city of Venice.



As with the crumbling wall mural I recently painted - this will also be a short stage-by-stage film shot from a static camera.

It took me about ten hours to paint over a couple of days and I now have nearly an hour & a half of footage that I need to edit down into about 3-4 minutes.

Unfortunately about ten minutes of my initial footage was corrupted - luckily the rest survived intact (to my relief). It just means that I have no film of the very start of the mural when planning out the lattice work.

Hopefully I should have the film edited and uploaded to YouTube within a couple of days.

No comments: